- 1.25 million hectares
- largest National Park in New Zealand
- UNESCO World Heritage Area
- unique stronghold for many endangered species
- referred to as “Scenic & Walking Capital of the World”
- main industries: fishing, farming and tourism
Fiordland is one of the world’s last great wilderness areas and the essence of New Zealand’s untamed splendour. Fiordland is a ‘must see’ for anyone travelling to New Zealand.
Numerous short walks and multi-day hiking trails, including the Hump Ridge Track, have earned Fiordland the reputation of one of the world’s finest walking destinations. Combine your walk with a scenic flight or a jet boat ride and you may just have an adventure of a lifetime.